Waterline Status

on Mon, Aug 27, 2007 in development

After the last posting it took about a hour to move the new waterline code from the test command in the photo into the main machining dialog. It worked pretty well until I started playing with the machining angle- I found the parallel and waterline were not consistent near the threshold angle. I’ve tried a number of approaches and am finally closing in on a good solution. My current approach may have more overlap between the regions but with fewer retracts and a much smoother finished part because I’m trying to maximize the path length rather than stopping a path when a surface angle threshold is passed- even if it’s only exceeded for a short span.

Recent Posts