My initial attempt to eliminate the ZMap failed pretty badly- the offset time tripled. This was mainly due to the offset being calculated to the accuracy of the finish passes. Although this represents a big improvement in accuracy, since the ZMap is currently calculated at a lower resolution than the finish pass, it’s probably totally unneeded. I did some testing to see if I could do some type of hybrid approach and the results were promising. Unfortunately, it will be too big a change to add right now so the final ZMap elimination will be deferred until V3.
On the positive side, I did reduce the memory requirements for the ZMap by 25%. Those users pushing the limits of their PC this might benefit from this.
Expect a new test release in a few days.